Individual History

I required my students to make a documentary of their own life history. i have gotten reports, plays, rap albums, videos, posters and cartoons back documenting their lives. Here are some examples

One major struggle that I had to overcome was like last November when i ws just leaving out my complex when the police grabbed me and slammed me to the floor and started searching me then and pucked me up and say he found some drugs. When I finally got to the station they told me they found 30grams of cocaine on me. I spent the night at the jail. The judge told me that the value was 3,000 dollars and my bond would be 1,000. I called my uncle, somebody that I knew could spare a thousand.

What I am most passionate about is being a leader but only I am only good leading the wrong way mostly like anybody that I hang with can get into with everybody, they would come to me first and see what I want to do. When I was twelve I figured out why everyone looks up to me is because i had eveything I wanted and becuase they knew everything that I had, I got it for myself.

The only place I have ever lived is Chicago and the Harold Ickes Homes. In my neighboorhood everyone talks even though most of the time everybody is atching and fight that don't stop until the police comes. My opinion on my neighborhood is that I love my neighborhood and im glad that I was never ashamed of it. Without growing up where I am I don't think I would have the heart and determination that I have. Where I grow up taught me how to take care of myself, my neighboorhood taught me how to make people fear you and when they do they don't pay you no mind becuse they will never cross you. My neighboorhood taught me how to fight. My neighborhood taught me how not to be scared of the police and to never trust them. What I think of my neighborhood it is like a teacher and it shows you all of the ways of life if you pay attention either you learn and get an A or you sleep and get an F. All the people that stay in my community are black, never did or never will I think any other race will until they remodel the projects and kick us out. The only religion that i know in my community is a few Christians, a lot of gnagsters, and twice as many snitches. One thing that I love that my community has contributed to my identity is never to be scared of anyone or to do anything.